Asset allocation decisions are paramount in portfolio construction. We perform ongoing analysis of the risk/reward dynamics in the markets and across asset classes, which is then applied to each individual client portfolio.
Our portfolios include diversified domestic and global long equity managers, high-credit and nationally diversified municipal bonds and a significant allocation to tactical managers. Our allocation to tactical managers allows for participation across a wide range of asset classes, including: emerging markets, commodities, sovereign debt and currencies, while having the ability to employ hedging strategies to mitigate risk.
The core principles of our investment strategy are:
- Risk and reward are always correlated
- There’s someone on the other side of every trade
- Proper diversification across and within asset classes is essential to mitigate risk
Or, put simply:
- If it sounds too good to be true – it probably is
- There’s no free lunch
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
Our investment management will include:
- Portfolio construction
- Investments held in company retirement and compensation plans
- Company stock options and concentrated stock positions
- Children’s trust accounts
- Analysis of private investment opportunities