At the outset of our engagement, we review all of your pertinent financial information and documentation, account statements, tax returns, wills and trust documents, insurance policies, and employee benefits information.
We will then meet with you to discuss your personal priorities, family matters with a financial dimension and other important goals. After we have completed a comprehensive review, analysis and evaluation of your financial position, we will prepare a personalized Financial Management Report. Your Report contains recommendations in each important area: investments and portfolio construction, estate planning and insurance matters, retirement planning, college funding, mortgage refinancing/debt restructuring and other relevant matters.
Whatever the issue at hand, our mission is to take effective action on your behalf:
- In the case of investment management, that means having the systems in place to track assets on a continuous basis, and having the authority to affect trades and address portfolio issues promptly.
- If we are reshaping your estate plan, it means communicating the appropriate instructions to the attorneys, reviewing the documents to assure they properly effectuate the agreed upon plan, ensuring that assets are titled properly and arranging for execution.
- If we are changing your insurance coverages, it means recommending a specific issuer and policy and arranging for the correct titling of the policy and the processing of the application.
- If we have recommended refinancing or obtaining a mortgage, it means researching the market for competitive financing, arranging for processing, and following the transaction to completion.
We actively monitor the ongoing affairs of our clients. If market conditions warrant, we modify the portfolio as appropriate. If your personal situation changes, we work through the financial implications and make recommendations in each area. When tax laws change, we consider the implications and discuss them with you. Whenever opportunities or pitfalls materialize, we review the issues and bring a specific, strategic plan to your attention. And, upon receiving your authorization, execute the appropriate action steps.
KLS is able to make real and measurable progress for our clients because:
- We educate our clients as to their best financial options, making specific recommendations and ensuring that decisions are made and appropriate actions are taken.
- We act as both advisors who formulate long-term strategies and managers who make specific recommendations and implement decisions in areas such as portfolio construction, rationalizing life insurance, estate planning and managing personal debt position.
- We communicate, sharing our rationale and analysis, about investment management, tax law changes, and other issues that you are – or should be – considering on an ongoing basis.